Monday, 21 September 2009

I Visited the Plinth - Eeeep!



Hello lovely people!

I was in London the other week to launch the Naked Knitting 2010 Calendar (http://www.theknittingnoras.co.uk/) so of course I had to tootle down to Trafalgar Square to check out the plinth.

As I approached the square I felt a rush of adrenaline and started to feel a bit wobbly! Luckily my good friend Tony was on hand to keep me calm.

This is the lady that was on the plinth while I was there http://www.oneandother.co.uk/participants/nikki she was part of a performance about assisted suicide, and there were people down in the square who were part of the performance also.

I'm really glad I went to look, less to take in on the day, and interesting to see the process of getting on and off the plinth, but I can't really tell you how nervous I am. But hey - it's all good fun, and a once in a lifetime chance, what's the worse thing that could happen?....well, I could look like a complete idiot - but what's new? I've never let that stop me doing daft stuff before.

So now I'm back from London, and finally unpacked - it's time to get my thinking cap on and really give this project my attention - so watch this space - more plinth pondering coming soon ;) Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment